CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 15

Lost Puppy

On Wednesday a coworker went to Sonic to get us some half price drinks. Little did we know he was going to bring back two dogs. They were the cutest things ever! One was a westie and the other was a mix but she was sooo cute. Dave ended up taking the mix dog home which by the end of the afternoon her name was Molly. The westie was a boy and I named him Bentley. I ended up taking him home but my parents said we could not keep him because we already have three. Bentley was so cute though because anything you told him to do he would do it. So we all knew that he belonged to somebody. On Thursday Dave and I called everywhere searching for his parents. Wednesday night me and my parents drove all around Tontitown looking for his home. Bentley got to hang out at the bank all day long yesterday because I didn't want to leave him with my dogs because I didn't know how my other dogs would get along with him all day long with nobody else there. Well this morning I woke up and I had a missed call from the Harps general office. I thought this was kinda of weird because I have not worked there in over two years. So while I was driving to work I called the lady back and she said the westie was her dog. She was soo surprised when I said we found both of her dogs. We talked for a little bit and decided she would just pick her dogs up at the bank. Well a couple of minutes later she called me bank and asked me what my last name was. So I told her and she said we were related! Shocker! She is my great grandmothers sons daughter. So she started talking about my mom and how it has been forever since we have seen each other. Small world to think that we found these cute dogs and it end up that I am related to them. If anyone knows my family we are very small so the fact that I knew them was surprising. I was really glad that they found their home where they belong. I know it was a relief to know that her babies were safe and not in danger. We at the bank were talking and Bentley was going to go to a family that lives in Little Rock because nobody could take him here. Now she was really sad when we called her today and said she couldn't have him but she was glad they have their old home back. For Molly we didn't have a family for her but I'm sure Dave would have ended up keeping her because all of his animals are strays. Well I guess I have talked enough about the dogs I fell in love with. Talk to you guys soon!

2 comments:

LC said...

Glad they found their home! How weird is it that you wound up being kind to her! That's really cool!

Tiffany said...

that's crazy!